Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daddy's Girl...

     Some days I miss my dad so bad that it hurts... It has been tough these past few days.  Been thinking of him a lot.  But, I have been left with sooo many wonderful memories and blessings from him.  One of those blessings was the on the day I got married - the happiest day of my life so far.  And, my father was such an integral role in that day and making it happen.  He amazed me so much on that day -- his strength, his calm and his love...


Even now, it is so hard to look at these pictures and think, "Is he really gone?  That can't be true."  But, it is.  It just seems unfathomable that you could lose someone you love that much.  I know that I may have just had him for 30 years, but every moment was so very blessed.  I received more love in my thirty years than some people get to experience in their whole lives...  And, I am so happy for that.  He truly was the best daddy any girl could have...
I love you and miss you so much.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, As you know I understand how you feel... the loss is something that just is.... I'm past the one year mark now (Feb. 25th) and it still hurts me to look at photos.. I wonder if there will be a time when it won't.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete