Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two-Sided Coin

Ok, so I am totally learning to appreciate the little things in life...  Stumbled upon this poem (completely by accident) the other day.  I really liked it, and I thought I would share.

Two-Sided Coin
I see heads;
You see tails.
And neither of us
will admit that
we could both be
looking at
the same coin.
I won't come over
to see things from your side;
I'd lose my head.
You won't check out
my vantage point;
You'd lose your tail.
And so we argue:


"That's George Washington,
are you blind?"
-- "It's an eagle, plain as day!"
Stubborn stalemate.
Someone ought to
give that quarter a spin.
--  Lori Fiechter

2 comments:

  1. Great poem, Jenny!

    We need to do a coffee/tea date sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The analysis indicates that the author of http://jennydpoole.blogspot.com/ is of the type:


    ISFP - The Artists
    The gentle and compassionate type. They are especially attuned their inner values and what other people need. They are not friends of many words and tend to take the worries of the world on their shoulders. They tend to follow the path of least resistance and have to look out not to be taken advantage of.

    They often prefer working quietly, behind the scene as a part of a team. They tend to value their friends and family above what they do for a living.

    ReplyDelete